Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Smart World 247 ("SW247") owned and operated by PLDT (HK) Limited (7/F Dah Sing Life Building, 99-105 Des Voeux Road, Hong Kong) with PLDT (UK) Limited (7 Farm Lane Fulham London SW6 1PU United Kingdom) and PLDT Online Inc. as part of PLDT Global Corporation (7/F Dah Sing Life Building, 99-105 Des Voeux Road, Hong Kong).
In availing the services provided by this website ("Website"), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use ("Terms") set forth below. For your protection, please read and be guided by the following Terms:
You may be required to register as a user before you can access parts of this Website. In this regard, you agree to provide complete and accurate information and to safeguard your user name and password at all times. SW247 is authorized to always assume that any person using your user name and password is either you or your authorized representative.
You recognize that communications with SW247 is made electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Website unless SW247 in its sole discretion deems it convenient to do otherwise. You agree to promptly update your personal information as may be necessary and to regularly check the Website for notices. You also agree that all electronic agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications we provide you comply with legal requirements on written communications.
All content included on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software ("Intellectual Property"), is the property of PLDT Online, its affiliates, or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this Website is likewise the exclusive property of PLDT Online and protected by international copyright laws. You acknowledge that you shall not acquire any interest in the Intellectual Properties nor do anything that may infringe Intellectual Property rights.
You are not allowed to use SW247 trademarks and trade dress in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits SW247. All other trademarks not owned by PLDT Online or its affiliates and subsidiaries that appear on this Website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by PLDT Online or its affiliates and subsidiaries.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
SW247 grants you a limited and non-transferable license to access and make personal use of this Website and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of SW247. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this Website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant: or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of SW247. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of SW247 and our partners without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing SW247 name or trademarks without the express written consent of SW247. You may not use any Smart World Store logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by SW247.
Users may post reviews, comments, and other content: and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or injurious to third parties, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a post or other content. SW247 reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. If you do post content or submit material, you grant SW247 and its partners a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant SW247 and its partners and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit relating to such content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify SW247 or its owner, affiliates, subsidiaries and partners for all claims resulting from any content you supply. SW247 has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content at any time and it takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
RISK OF LOSS
All items purchased from SW247 are made pursuant to a shipment contract. The risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
SW247 and its partners attempt to make this Website as accurate as possible. However, SW247 does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by SW247 itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY SW247 ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SW247 MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SW247 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SW247 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM SW247 ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SW247 WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
YOUR CORRESPONDENCES AND TRANSACTIONS WITH THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING ADVERTISERS INITIATED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTIES. SW247 WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY SUCH CORRESPONDENCES OR TRANSACTIONS AND WILL NOT IN ANY WAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM.
By visiting SW247, you agree that the laws of Hong Kong, SAR, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and SW247, it owner, affiliates, subsidiaries or partners.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PLDT Online does not own or control, or to people that PLDT Online does not employ or manage.
SW247 collects personal information such as name, residential address, telephone number and email address through the following:
• when you register for a SW247 online account;
• when you use SW247's products or services;
• when you visit the website; and
• when you enter contests and other promotions.
SW247 may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
You permit SW247 to share your personal data including sensitive and personal information to the following:
1. Companies that are affiliates or subsidiaries of PLDT Online ("PLDT Online Group");
2. Contractors, agents or suppliers involved in the provision of services you signed up for;
3. Banks, financial institutions or credit providers;
4. Debt collection and credit information agencies;
5. Regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and courts; and
6. Professional advisers of the PLDT Online Group
SW247 may process your personal data including sensitive and personal information under the applicable data privacy laws in order to undertake activities that may include, among others:
1. Conducting analysis for purposes of research and marketing initiatives, including the generation of anonymized or non-personally identifiable location and mobility data to show footfall, location patterns, crowd density, and other information that may be relevant for marketing purposes;
2. Managing your account, providing customer care activities, monitoring the quality and security of the network, training our staff, and providing services to you in a timely and efficient manner including creating your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, and other information that may be relevant for marketing and market research purposes;
3. Generating statistical insights based on usage/network information to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster, and other similar initiatives;
4. Credit scoring programs and initiatives that are useful in the provision and sharing your credit score to third parties to whom you specifically instruct us to share your credit score;
5. Sending commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, surveys, customer care, and after sales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
6. Subject to your consent, sharing your personal information and profile with third party content or other services providers relating to the following products and/or services with or without remuneration: telecommunications, cloud services, mobile payment, information services, mobile applications and software, loyalty programmes, products and/or services relating to lifestyle, travelling, banking, sports, music, entertainment, gaming, transportation, household, food and beverages, finance, insurance, education, health, beauty and wellness, electronics, social networking, technology, e-commerce, logistics, retail, and other consumer products and services that may be of interest to you, which marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including in the form of letter, bill insert, email, SMS, by telephone, social media or advertisements on websites or other means);
7. Such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
By Submitting my contact details:
- I allow Smart World to create my personal profile based on my interests, preferences and location as well as to send special offers and news on Smart World, and its products and services.
- I authorize Smart World to share my profile with and send me ads from its partners, compute and share my credit score with its partners so I can enjoy special offers and discounts on their products and services
SW247 is committed to the protection of your privacy relating to your personal data and has adequate measures in place to secure said data. If your personal data is shared with any subsidiary, affiliate, subcontractor, partner or third party in the provision of the services, there will be processes to ensure that such third parties comply with the same data security obligations as SW247.
Any personal data supplied by you and retained by SW247 or third parties may be transferred to a location outside of AWS-Oregon as may be necessary for the aforementioned purposes.
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to object to processing, the right to access, the right to rectification of inaccurate data, and the right to erasure or blocking of data. For the purpose of updating or correcting such data, you may at any time, obtain a copy of the data held by us concerning you on request in writing to our Data Privacy Compliance Officer via email or post at the contact details provided below.
Data Privacy Compliance Officer: Melanie A. Manuel
Postal address: 2F PLDT Tower 6799 Ayala Avenue Makati City Philippines 1226
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for processing such request. If any data held by us concerning you is incorrect, we will correct it upon your written request. For more information on your rights and how you may exercise them, please contact our Data Privacy Compliance Officer at the email or postal address stated above.
Your personal data will be maintained in our records throughout your availment of the services and for a reasonable period thereafter but no longer than necessary. We will erase all your personal data from our system in accordance with our internal policy.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing material and/or communications from SW247 and its relevant business partners and third party service providers. At the same time, you may resume receiving the same (if you have previously opted-out of receiving such material and/or communications) by making a written request to our Data Privacy Compliance Officer.
SW247 may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account, or by placing a notice on our website.