Our Privacy Commitment
Why we collect your personal information
As customers of PLDT ONLINE’s Smart World 247, we collect and maintain some basic information about you. We do so only for the following purposes:
· To create and nurture a relationship with you, so that we can continuously provide you with our services. For example, when you apply for any of our services, we collect personal information about you that will allow us to validate your identity for purposes of registration, transaction fulfillment, billing and collection of fees for the products and services and other ancillary purposes that you avail from us.
· To improve our products and services. We collect, use, process, and analyze how you use our products and services so that we can understand how to improve them for your benefit.
· To understand your needs and preferences so that we can serve you better. Maintaining a record of the products and services that you avail from us allows us to gain a better insight of the kinds of offers that would be relevant to your preferences. From time to time, we may send you product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
· To continuously improve our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage and transaction or purchase history to help us manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the platform, train our staff, and plan for future growth.
· To meet legal and regulatory requirements. We perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required to comply with pertinent laws, rules, or regulations.
Where we get these information
There are several ways we collect information about you.
Information that you personally give us.
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
• Purchase a product or avail of a service by completing buyer and beneficiary information that will allow us to fulfill the transaction;
• Apply for our services by filling out Application Forms, Subscription Agreements, and other similar or related documents through any of our available channels (online, in our stores, or through our Sales representatives);
• Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
• Take part in our social media, research and surveys; and/or
• Become our Partner, Vendor, Contractor or Supplier.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products and services, like when you:
• Use our network, facilities and services - whether it is Mobile, Fixed, Home, Enterprise, or any of our other products, services, and channels;
• Pay your bills or purchase products and services;
• Use our apps, websites, and self-service channels and portals;
• Join our promos, prize raffles, or rewards & loyalty programs.
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect personal information about you through other activities such as our market research initiatives, when you visit and transact in our stores, purchase with our product or service resellers, when you visit and use our websites and mobile apps such as but not limited to- the Smart World 247 website and Free Bee App, and from our subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party business partners to whom you have given your consent for them to share your information with us.
When we disclose personal information
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to share some of the information that you have provided to us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential basis, through secure channels, and only in compliance with the Data Privacy Laws.
We will never share, rent, or sell your personal information to third parties outside of the PLDT ONLINE Group except in special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent for, and as described in this policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners and other third-party agencies and service providers as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
• Our service providers, contractors, and professional advisers who help us provide our products and services. This includes partner companies, organizations, or agencies, and their sub-contractors. For example: our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our pre- and post-sales hotline operations;
• Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates with whom you have also signed-up with. We do so only for the improvement of each other’s business and operations. For example: we share information about your credit standing to facilitate your service applications with them, resulting in faster approvals;
• Other companies to whom you have also given consent for us to share your information with; and
• Law enforcement and government agencies, but only when required by laws and regulations and other lawful orders and processes.
For a current list of our partners, please see below or visit or .
How we protect your personal information
We also put in effect the following safeguards:
· We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
· We keep your information only for as long as necessary for us to (a) provide the products and services that you avail from us, (b) for our legitimate business purposes, (c) to comply with pertinent laws, and (d) for special cases that will require the exercise or defense of legal claims;
· We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who are trained to handle your information with strict confidentiality.
· We undergo regular audits and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected;
· We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;
· We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
PLDT ONLINE will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment, your Service Agreement or our Terms of Service, and any other purpose that you may have given your consent for.
For greater clarity, unless you provide specific consent, we will not:
· Share your personal information with or sell it to our business partners and third-party service providers; or
· Use your personal information to enable third-party targeted advertisements.
What your choices are
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Laws. We would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have identified. At the same time, we want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
Data Privacy Compliance Officer: Melanie A. Manuel
Business Address: 2F PLDT Tower 6799 Ayala Avenue Makati City Philippines 1226